Monday, December 17, 2012

A few early birthday/Christmas presents

So, I'm back home across the Bay for winter break. I live right by the downtown, so I spent a lot of time in the boutiques/cafes/Sephora in high school. I was just there on Saturday with my friends, but I figured it was time to redeem my birthday perks from Peninsula Beauty and Sephora, and to figure out what perfumes I liked.

Chronologically, I went to Peninsula Beauty where members get a free nail polish < $8.50 during their birthday month. I was debating between Essie Stylenomics (Stylenomics 2012) and OPI Live and Let Die (Skyfall 2012) but I was smitten by the OPI. Essie is rather temperamental, and I prefer the OPI brush anyhow.



Behold the monster! It has a similar base to Stylemonics, a dark viridian green. LaLD is less creamy and opaque than Stylenomics, and both pull bluer than the promo images (Stylenomics, at least) suggest.






It's final sale! Believe it or not, I have never paid full price for an OPI nail polish before. I've gotten this one and Midnight in Moscow for free, and Royal Rajah Ruby for half price. 


The shimmer is strong in this one. Flecks of green, silver, and gold make this a truly enchanting nail polish. I feel as if the good old tannenbaum is growing from my fingertips. Awful analogy. The gold really makes this polish for me, as I'm rather yellow/warm anyhow. It's a stunner.

Moving on, I got the Sephora birthday gift, a fresh mini lip balm duo that is way too expensive to buy at full price. Lucky me!


Here's the box. It's actually quite small, and I forgot to include something in the photo for scale. It's about as long as an OPI nail polish (full size).


I actually adore the packaging of these little dudes. The top actually screws off, and it's all quite sturdy. The semi-matte finish of the plastic is quite handsome.


I haven't tried the rose one yet, but it smells nice. I usually dislike the scent of rose, so this is quite special. The balm itself is very hydrating and luxurious, though I'm sure the quality can be replicated in a more affordable brand.


That's it! Happy early birthday to myself, I suppose. I'll be a legal adult in eight days. Ye gods.


2 comments:

  1. wow the nailpolish is cool! :) Nice post and blog <3

    I would appreciate it, if you visit my blog too! :)
    http://fantasyfashioned.blogspot.de/
    xx ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with that nail polish! I just love black nail polish, and I've been trying to find a replacement for one of my black polishes with sparkles but have yet to find the right one. I didn't know Penninsula Beauty had a birthday nail polish promo for members, I'll have to check that out.

    Hope you had a happy holiday and new year!

    http://mintpops.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete